Monday, January 15, 2007

Gym Drama

So I've been going to the gym as part of my resolution.

Its too cold to run outdoors and I'm kind of out of shape so I was running on the treadmill, and I have this routine, slow. fast, slow, fast and i'll vary speeds and so on. Anyways, so I'm running and a couple days ago, this Asian dude comes in, and this guy is fit, I won't say he's good looking but he's got way more myosin per kg body weight than I have. And it shows.

Now I'm on the treadmill and on my slow phase and he gets on the treadmill next to me. He sort of peeks at my dashboard and I'm like, WTF? I'm running on 2.5 and he's doing 3.5 (OK, so I peeked too but he looked first). Then I move into my "fast" phase and wind it up to 5.5 which is about as much as I can do without killing myself.

Asian dude peeks at my dashboard again. Then he ups his speed to 6.5.

WTF!!!!!!

I do 5.5. for a bit, then feel, OK can go higher,

So I'm on 6.5 now

Asian dude peeks again (he heard the machine beep as I was typing) and increases his own. I don't even want to look at what he's on. I'm just hoping his treadmill goes out of control at such a high speed and sends him flying across the room.

I ignored him for the rest of the run and thought like, whatever dude, if you feel threatened by an out of shape brownie, you've got issues. I saw him at the gym again yesterday, only this time I was nearly done by the time he came in, we gave each other the nod and I went out.

Speaking of treadmills, here's my favorite music video involving treadmills.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home