"You look borderline"

Ok lets backtrack a bit. So yesterday evening I watched "Ghost Rider" (which was entertaining) and i like Eva Mendes even though she's not had terribly great roles ("Too fast too furious") but she's easy on the eyes. The theatre looked like frickin' day care last nite, the place was crawling with kids. Loud and noisy kids, luckily none of them wanted to watch "Ghost Rider" (come to think of it, apparently no one wanted to watch Ghost Rider", the theater was pretty empty).
After the movie, J and I wanted to grab a beer and walked into Finnegans pub. As soon as I walked in, I noticed at least two of the owners staring. Just as I grabbed my beer, one of them walked over to me.
He: Do you have ID?
Me: Excuse me?
He: I.D. Are you eighteen?
Me: (confused, taking out wallet) Err.. yes.
J: Do you need my I.D.?
He: No, you look okay. (To me) sorry sir, I need to see how old you are
Me: (handing over my ID) umm, like... thirty?
He: Oh (confused look) same age as me. Thanks. (hands back ID)
Me: Wow, its been a while since that happened!
He: Well, you look borderline.
After the movie, J and I wanted to grab a beer and walked into Finnegans pub. As soon as I walked in, I noticed at least two of the owners staring. Just as I grabbed my beer, one of them walked over to me.
He: Do you have ID?
Me: Excuse me?
He: I.D. Are you eighteen?
Me: (confused, taking out wallet) Err.. yes.
J: Do you need my I.D.?
He: No, you look okay. (To me) sorry sir, I need to see how old you are
Me: (handing over my ID) umm, like... thirty?
He: Oh (confused look) same age as me. Thanks. (hands back ID)
Me: Wow, its been a while since that happened!
He: Well, you look borderline.

1 Comments:
last year I took my son out for a beer at the local watering hole(Smuggler's Cove) for his birthday(21). I got carded. Now he refuses to go out for a drink with me unless my husband comes along.
Post a Comment
<< Home