Monday, February 12, 2007

I work with funny people

Normally we present our work every Monday morning (not everyone, just two of us). People have this routine that they'll bring some sort of food.. chips or fruit or cookies, whatever. I stopped doing this ages ago: first because I would routinely forget, then I just stopped caring. Today I had to present in group grope (as we call it here) and as usual, no treats. Unfortunately my co-speaker forgot to bring anything as well.... resulting in the following exchange.

PF: Hey, there's no food today?

YJS: Huh, oh yes, I forgot.

(Silence)

YJS: Anyway, you're getting fat.

(Smirking and giggles from all around the table, PF is a newbie so its not unusual that he's being picked on. Of course, YJS doesn't know when to stop.)

YJS: People in this lab are getting fat and need to lose weight.

(Silence)

YJS: Except for AH

(Awkward)

YJS: ... and ...(pauses....talk about an obvious afterthought).... maybe MR.

(and SSSSNAAAAPP)

I wanted to laugh hysterically, usually I'm the one making the politically incorrect statements around this place. Its nice to be in the audience for a change. No one wanted to say anything, I was hoping for a catfight from all the fat chicks who work in our group.

Sadly,we're all so effing PC, its not funny. At that point the boss walked in, but I was really hoping one of then would say "I'm fat and I can lose weight. But you're ugly."

1 Comments:

Blogger Piya said...

Your blog is hilarious... really enjoyed reading it. You should check out this site called crying while eating:

www.cryingwhileeating.com

February 18, 2007 6:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home