Negotiation
As I was telling Erwann, here are my rules of engagement:
1. Always be prepared with a plan (A and B).
2. Always carry a positive result. Data is the best endorphin. Or aphrodisiac. Or laxative. Whatever. Something that engages your parasympathetic reflexes.
3. Always have an element of (pleasant) surprise.
For instance, that little blip that you see in row four labeled "Orc6". I can't tell you how long we've been waiting to see that. And by we, I mean him.
Most important of all,
Don't ever give away the whole game. Its important to keep the upper hand.
1. Always be prepared with a plan (A and B).
2. Always carry a positive result. Data is the best endorphin. Or aphrodisiac. Or laxative. Whatever. Something that engages your parasympathetic reflexes.
3. Always have an element of (pleasant) surprise.
For instance, that little blip that you see in row four labeled "Orc6". I can't tell you how long we've been waiting to see that. And by we, I mean him.
Most important of all,Don't ever give away the whole game. Its important to keep the upper hand.
I feel like such a fucking schemer, I know. I like to think its my primal Darwinian instincts. fighting for limited resources.

4 Comments:
hmmm, so far your fitness=0.
Mwahahaha,
my fitness is now somewhat >0!
i know, tell me about it!
sigh... update on the meeting tonight
BTW, I just saw the sentence "data is the best aphrodisiac".
I wonder if this explains the rumor going around here. Supposedly a certain young PI's office couch should be avoided at all cost.
I need a black light and an accomplice.
Fuck London, I'm getting a postdoc in Boston.
Blacklight, check.
Accomplice, check.
Post a Comment
<< Home