President's Day
Yes, its President's Day and we had lab meeting. How fucked up is that? I walked into the seminar room to see Frenchie hooked up to the projector and playing this video
I kid you not. He had this on his iTunes and was clearly enjoying it. Considering that lab meeting was about to start in less than 10 minutes, I expected the boss to walk in any minute. And just then, he did. With all the boobage and buttage magnified 100X on screen.
Of course, at that very moment, Frenchie is unable to turn it off. So we all enjoy more skin for a couple of seconds, the boss is shaking his head, but he's smiling by now, so clearly, he likes it too.
Frenchie's on a roll. He's got good data, but the screen is somehow messed up (the right half of his screen is cut off). So he starts fiddling with the display settings, when this pops up.
That, btw, is the guy from the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
Thank God for camera phones. You know I'm not making this shit up. He turns to us (Frenchie, that is) and says "You were not meant to see that". A year ago, I'd have freaked out, since we all thought then that he's a psycho killer, but I know him better now, so I know he looks tough but is all warm and fuzzy inside.
But that's no reason not to freak out the rest of the guys. So I turn over to Tony and whisper
"I hope you guys are going to be okay after I leave."
Tony looks puzzled, so I elaborate
"Looks like someone is getting ready for the Cold Spring Harbor Chainsaw Massacre"
Tony shakes his head and ignores me. But the boss has heard me and gives me a look, which is part "Why are you such an idiot?" and part "Do you really think he'd do it?"
I ask Frenchie "Is that you in the picture" and I am greeted by dirty looks. No one has a sense of humor around this place.

2 Comments:
Obviously. They are serious scientists working on the progress of knowledge and enlightenment.
That makes coming in on President's Day worth it, no?
you know - it's the quiet ones who don't complain that you have to worry about. From what I remember, very few members of the lab fall into that category...
Post a Comment
<< Home