Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total eclipse


... as seen from Cold Spring Harbor, USA.

The moon is so red right now, its beautiful.

This reminds me of the time when a bunch of us had biked down the west coast (of India) to Alibag, and camped out at night on remote lonely beaches with no one for several miles on either side. There was this one night where we saw a comet in the evening sky. I can't remember now but I think it was Hale Bopp.

I have no photos of that trip . At least not here. I remember we took pictures of the comet, I think it was Natasha. And the meteor shower that followed. I wonder if she still has them somewhere. This was all pre-digital, so I think it may be too much to ask.

5 Comments:

Blogger Natasha Mhatre said...

No da, you're talking about the cycling trip to Murud right? None of us had cameras.

Oh no, yeah I remember the holding the sky up picture now. But I don't know if I took it. Damned if I remember. Was it GI? Or Gandhi? I'll check when I get home next.

February 21, 2008 9:51 am  
Blogger khal said...

Ya, thats the one. I thought we crossed Alibag at some point though, where we got lunch at that Dosa shack where Cherian and Gandhi were practising their secret language.

But yup, thats the one. I know someone had a camera. But God knows where all those prints might be.

February 21, 2008 3:41 pm  
Blogger May said...

We went out for a walk last night to see the eclipse. I stepped into a hole in the pavement (damn you Deval Patrick!). And then the following happened in very slow motion: left knee hit the ground, right knee hit the ground, left hand and elbow hit the ground, right hand and elbow hit the ground, entire face hit the ground, belly with fetus in it hit the ground. Ate dirt.

Ouch, have to remember that the center of gravity has shifted now.

February 21, 2008 10:24 pm  
Blogger khal said...

Oh that's terrible :(

Hope you and bump are okay?

now you have a story a la Kevin Smith (in Chasing Amy)... except those involved getting bruised during sex.

Its OK, I say babies is an upgrade.

I like how you're so scientific, its very Elliot Reid..."fetus" ;)

February 22, 2008 5:53 am  
Blogger May said...

Baby's okay I think. We may name him Nokia.

February 23, 2008 3:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home