I'm going nuts
Apparently I cannot sleep unless I'm medicated and now that its nearly 5 a.m. Indian Standard Time (or 6.30 p.m. New York time) I suppose its too late to pop those pills. Might as well pull an all nighter.
Just finished raiding my old collection of books, and found a whole lot that I bought in college way back when, but never finished reading. Should probably start now. I still do this, I'll see a book and think that I want to read it, usually I'll buy it and it sits there till the movie is made and then I'll watch the movie. Bad habit. Here's the first three on my list only because I've had recent reminders to read them.
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
It was Natasha who started out with booridley (can't remember why she'd say ridley when clearly its radley). Then I think Sharmaji's been mentioning it ("you haven't read it YET?") and actually, I still haven't seen the movie. Hmm, wonder why.
The Shadow Lines - Amitav Ghosh
Its not possible that I possess a book by Mr. Ghosh and I haven't inhaled it. I'm sure I've read this and forgotten all about it. I recall it was first recommended by my beloved Radiya and she's also probably the one who gave it to me (although there's no inscription inside), which would be very unlike her. Why its been rotting here for so long, I do not know.

Catch 22 - Joseph Heller.
This looks like Asma's copy, I think there's even a bookmark where I stopped reading it. I'll just have to start all over again. Actually I remember why I got this. Because back then everyone who was anyone had read the book. Fucking pseuds. Asma technically qualified as a pseud, although with her eccentric persona and bohemian lifestyle, I have to say she was quite in a class all of her own. The number of things I've learned from Asma is never ending, and I'm glad she's moved a little closer.
Just finished raiding my old collection of books, and found a whole lot that I bought in college way back when, but never finished reading. Should probably start now. I still do this, I'll see a book and think that I want to read it, usually I'll buy it and it sits there till the movie is made and then I'll watch the movie. Bad habit. Here's the first three on my list only because I've had recent reminders to read them.
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper LeeIt was Natasha who started out with booridley (can't remember why she'd say ridley when clearly its radley). Then I think Sharmaji's been mentioning it ("you haven't read it YET?") and actually, I still haven't seen the movie. Hmm, wonder why.
The Shadow Lines - Amitav GhoshIts not possible that I possess a book by Mr. Ghosh and I haven't inhaled it. I'm sure I've read this and forgotten all about it. I recall it was first recommended by my beloved Radiya and she's also probably the one who gave it to me (although there's no inscription inside), which would be very unlike her. Why its been rotting here for so long, I do not know.

Catch 22 - Joseph Heller.
This looks like Asma's copy, I think there's even a bookmark where I stopped reading it. I'll just have to start all over again. Actually I remember why I got this. Because back then everyone who was anyone had read the book. Fucking pseuds. Asma technically qualified as a pseud, although with her eccentric persona and bohemian lifestyle, I have to say she was quite in a class all of her own. The number of things I've learned from Asma is never ending, and I'm glad she's moved a little closer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home