Home again!

And may I reiterate how much I hate flying?
I go through this every single time. I'll start imagining all sorts of disaster scenarios. My mouth goes dry and I start thinking of one hundred and one ways to die. When I was flying out to Indiana, it was sort of okay, since I fell asleep almost immediately upon finding my seat and only woke up when the airplane landed and was taxiing into the airport.
Today however, I was awake for the entire performance. I hate taking off. I hate landing even more. I'm thinking at least some, if not all of the following:
"What if the brakes aren't working?"
"What if a bird hits us?"
"What if we fly so low that this ten tonne (or whatever) metal bird just plummets?"
"What if we fly so high we get sucked into outer space?"
"What if the glass on one of the windows cracks?"
"What if the pilots turning and he turns just a little too much at an angle?"
"What if suddenly everyone decides to move to one side of the plane and makes it heavier?"
"What if there aren't enough parachutes?"
"Are there enough parachutes?"
"Are there any parachutes?"
"Will a fireball melt everyone off in the aisle seat?"
"What is the probability of a Twilight Zone-sque alien/creature sitting on my wing?"
It sounds crazy, i know, but I suffer. I guess since thousands of airline flights are happening every single day, they should have this all figured out down to the last bit.
I'll get used to it. I think.
I go through this every single time. I'll start imagining all sorts of disaster scenarios. My mouth goes dry and I start thinking of one hundred and one ways to die. When I was flying out to Indiana, it was sort of okay, since I fell asleep almost immediately upon finding my seat and only woke up when the airplane landed and was taxiing into the airport.
Today however, I was awake for the entire performance. I hate taking off. I hate landing even more. I'm thinking at least some, if not all of the following:
"What if the brakes aren't working?"
"What if a bird hits us?"
"What if we fly so low that this ten tonne (or whatever) metal bird just plummets?"
"What if we fly so high we get sucked into outer space?"
"What if the glass on one of the windows cracks?"
"What if the pilots turning and he turns just a little too much at an angle?"
"What if suddenly everyone decides to move to one side of the plane and makes it heavier?"
"What if there aren't enough parachutes?"
"Are there enough parachutes?"
"Are there any parachutes?"
"Will a fireball melt everyone off in the aisle seat?"
"What is the probability of a Twilight Zone-sque alien/creature sitting on my wing?"
It sounds crazy, i know, but I suffer. I guess since thousands of airline flights are happening every single day, they should have this all figured out down to the last bit.
I'll get used to it. I think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home