Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday... in the city

Its hard to sleep with an aching tooth and an aching jaw once said tooth has been extracted. But I managed to wake up in time to get to NYC to stretch the legs and enjoy the sunshine.

Except that it was supposed to rain all afternoon. But we remained hopeful as we boarded the train. And no, we don't look alike. Stop it already.



Then somewhere outside Hicksville, it started pouring. Sam is oblivious of the torrential downpour behind her. I distract her by taking photos so that she doesn't start complaining.



At some point, Sam is talking (rather loudly I might add) about some strange creatures she knows of who are homophobic and discussions involving "sweaty man sex" and "donkey dick" pop in and out (amongst other things), this is when we discover that this guy ....


..... who is sitting right in front of us, is getting either really uncomfortable or incredibly turned on by our conversation. Whatever.

After lunch and various things, we make it to the Brooklyn Bridge and the weather is kind of perfect. We are now 5 years old again and acting silly, entertaining our fellow pedestrians.


We met a couple of Canadians who have a fear of heights and I think they turned back. I didn't see them make it to the end of the Brooklyn side and they were nowhere to be seen. (I watch out for Canadians, I'm very fond of them ever since I was taught by Malcolm Whiteway last year and from what Jannic and Graz tell me, they're pretty cool people.)


I am alternatively surprised....


.... and horrified by various things I see going on, on the bridge. Sam is unfazed by it all. She's such a happy creature.


Hee hee hee.. We took the subway at "Anal street" ( I told you, we're 5 year olds for today)


I have nice feet (for foot fetishists out there). Well, of course, barring the whole ingrown toenail on the left foot. And the right foot.


Last chance to act silly on the train home before we return to being serious adults with a purpose in life.

Sigh. Back to life, back to reality.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i wish i was there ... now i regret not looking for tickets :(
looks like u two had a fab time ...

July 31, 2007 3:24 pm  
Blogger khal said...

Yes and all we did was talk about you.

July 31, 2007 5:39 pm  
Blogger Square Peg said...

I weel keel yoooooooooooo.

July 31, 2007 8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if all u did was talk about me ... oh well get a life .... u guys can't live w/out me ... tee hee ...

August 07, 2007 3:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home