Sunday, July 15, 2007

Time flies

And its finally over. Maarten's gone, Adriana's gone and my immediate circle of good company has collapsed. My last resource of friendly banter has flown away and I'm surrounded by a bunch of stresserellas whose every other sentence is "You need to leave" or "You really need to move on" or a bunch of newbies who I share very little history with.

Sure, there is a time to move on, (and I think my clock started ticking early last year) but in the bigger scheme of things, there is still unfinished business, stories to complete, doors to close. Believe me, no one knows more than I (at this moment) how fleeting time is and how quickly the world turns over. Believe me, if I were getting a single positive response from any of my applications, I wouldn't be here. But thats a different story.

Talking about which, I was called a creepy old guy (indirectly) and I had to double check with Jannic later that day.

"YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A CREEPY OLD GUY, BUT YOU SURE ACT LIKE ONE".

Great. Why do I even bother?

"HMMM....ACTUALLY, MAYBE YOU ALSO LOOK LIKE CREEPY OLD GUY."

"How so? Now you're just making shit up to piss me off."

"BUT REALLY, YOU ARE LOSING HAIR HERE (points to left side of my head) AND HERE (points on the top of my head )"

"You're an asshole."

Now I have one more thing to worry about.

4 Comments:

Blogger Square Peg said...

reminds me of a card that once backfired, you crept into my life, you crept into my heart, you crept into my soul, you're a CREEP! hehe.

July 15, 2007 6:55 pm  
Blogger khal said...

i'm glad my misery brings you some joy.

July 15, 2007 8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm losing hair. Chih-Hao told me I need to change how I split my hair regularly to avoid that. *sob*

July 15, 2007 8:40 pm  
Blogger khal said...

That bastard! No Harry Potter for him.

July 15, 2007 10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home