Monday, July 02, 2007

This has got to stop

Its 2 a.m. again and I'm wide awake.

Not a good sign, part insomnia and part hyperactivity is totally wrecking my sleep patterns and there's really no good reason for it.

Or cure.

Now is probably a good time to start reading a book.

Man Walks into a Room
by Nicole Krauss

I got this sometime back after I finished reading the History of Love, since i enjoyed Ms. Krauss very much. The last one was an emotional tear jerker which could probably end up as a pretty decent mexican soap opera. This one (her debut novel) is supposed to be a bit different.

And this reminds me, I don't think I blogged about....


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
by Jonathan Safran Foer

I read this book some time back and I could not put it down. I think this has got to be the best piece of fiction I've read in a while. Its the story of Oskar Schell, who is this rather interesting nine year old kid, and his father dies in the Twin Towers on 9/11. He spends most of the book walking all over New York trying to find an explanation for something his dad left behind. Which is all i can tell without spoiling the story.

I've kept this book by my side ever since. Through some bizarre connection, it reminds me of mum. Not that she's gone in any disaster of such magnitude, but just that she's gone.

I lent this book to Delia, but I don't think she liked it very much. She barely read the first couple of chapters (as she told me) but then she skipped to the end. I guess we're not all meant to like it. Oh well!

Gosh! That's a lot of depressing books. I need some Wodehouse, and soon. Too bad I left all mine at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home