Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Conversations about my trip to Jersey

KMJ: So did you meet Maarten this weekend?
Me: Yup. He's doing well.

KMJ: How's the baby?

Me: Very cute. I think she's going to grow up to be a supermodel. She's already tall for her age.

KMJ: They should have more.

Please to note.


PJP: So did you see Maarten this weekend?
Me: Yup. He's doing well.
PJP: How does he look?
Me: Like a man who is happy and content and found Nirvana in New Jersey. Either that or he's smoking way too many joints.
PJP: Does his wife like you?
Me: I think so. Why do you ask?
PJP: I don't think his wife likes me. I think she thinks I'm evil.
Me: Well, you did force him into a gambling habit. And considering he's not that good, you do take money out of the diaper and baby food fund.


MR: So did you see Maarten this weekend?
Me: Yup. He's doing well.
MR: Did you guys talk about me?
Me: All day long.
MR: You guys are such assholes. You must have said nasty things. I'm sure you agreed to everything he said.
Me: Of course. You know Maarten is like a god to me. He never says anything wrong. I cannot help but agree.
MR: Oh please.
Me: Well actually we didn't really talk about you at all.
MR: Oh please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think MR has that germanic zeal for self-punishment. I wonder if she's secretly Opus Dei? Of course I had vivid dreams (nightmares?) about the lab after I saw you - I shared a bay with PF.

I do believe people in New Jersey would be surprised to hear the term Nirvana applied to their state.

March 04, 2008 11:35 am  
Blogger khal said...

I've secretly always wanted to be from/live in New Jersey.

Ever since I watched the Kevin Smith trilogy ("Clerks"/ "Mallrats"/"Chasing Amy"). Then "Garden State" sealed the deal.

No really. For the longest time I wanted to grow up in New Jersey. Bombay was not bad either. But New Jersey seems funner.

Is that wrong?

March 04, 2008 11:43 am  
Blogger May said...

Very. Look what Jersey did to Eve.

March 04, 2008 7:18 pm  
Blogger khal said...

Wait, I thought Joe did that to her.

March 04, 2008 7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home