Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Oh great!

I don't think crackers and Boursin is the best thing to be munching on, when I'm supposed to be watching what I eat and get in shape.

Nor is it the cure for my insomnia.

But here we go again. Its half three (thats British for half past three, you peasants) and I'm wide awake all over again. And I thought I had put this behind me when I left grad school.

------------------------

We had some snow yesterday. I'd say it was an honest effort that succeeded in shutting down the buses and trains. I wouldn't call it a blizzard but it was certainly pornstar inches.

---------------------------

Nevertheless, I biked to work. You know you've hit a low point when you need an adventurous bike ride in snow to restore your sense of self worth. Fortunately, that's not my problem. I've discovered that these days I wake up with an excess of energy and if I don't spend part of it on a nice long bike ride/hour in the gym in the morning, I end up being incredibly hyperactive at work and drive Herr P. nuts.

That, and for some reason, when I don't work out, I feel really really really cold all day. Go figure. I've actually tested this hypothesis and its true. All the days that start out with a bike ride and a good sweat, I can spend all day in a T shirt and shorts and I don't feel a thing. I've actually got a bit of a reputation in the lab as "that guy who's always in a T shirt and shorts". I kind of like the little murmur I've generated. It gives me the image of a tough guy. Wrowwrrr.

--------------------------------

I've started making my mouse. I felt like it was never going to happen but apparently it is. In the meantime several thousand miles across the ocean, my best friend Nish is also going to start animal work. We're going to have to console each other when we start doing the harvests.

That means we have to kill the animals to examine whats going inside them.

Don't look at me like that. I feel bad enough already. I can barely kill a cockroach, forget a proper grown up mouse. I'm already having nightmares about it.

---------------------------------

I nearly got into trouble last weekend. I'm going to officially declare that I may have a drinking problem. I let people get touchy feely with me when I'm drunk and I'm quite happy as long as my blood alcohol levels are above 0.8 but the moment sobriety hits in, I'm like "Holy Shit! Oo.. err.. sorry I don't think I like you that way." I guess this is why some of us have religion to keep us in check. Fortunately, I don't have that problem. Not the fact that I keep myself in check. But that I'm not terribly religious.

----------------------------------

I think I should do Manic Panic this year before I'm offiicially too old to be acting like a juvenile. I'm torn between red and electric blue. I personally favor the blue, only because its keeping in line with my (so called) promise to May.

----------------------------------

I'm going to have my wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow afternoon. Foolishly enough, I've also planned to run some gels and do an experiment in the morning. Then take a break post surgery and go watch a movie with Ing afterwards. If its anything like my root canal, i should be fine. I figured a couple glasses of Bordeaux should dull the pain. I wonder if there's any law against carrying your own booze into the movies?

----------------------------------

This plan may go horribly wrong considering its nearly 4 a.m. now and I'm still awake. Shit. I hate prioritizing tasks. They're all equally unimportant for different reasons. That's the goddamned problem. First, they teach you to be a scientist and see different points of view. Then you find yourself in a situation like this and exactly for that reason, you have no clue what to do.

----------------------------------

I need to cure my facebook addiction. Would it be ironic, or just lame, to put that up as my status update?

---------------------------------

Oh and all that working out, is working out. I felt a bicep today. And what's more. It has a twin, on the other arm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home