Things I learned/was reminded this past week
1. I don't live next to Heathrow Airport
2. I am unable to teleport myself into Heathrow Airport
3. It actually takes 10 mins, at least, to walk from my house to the tube
4. It takes significantly longer to walk from my house to the tube, if I've also got a big backpack and a suitcase on wheels
5. You can't wheel suitcases on cobblestones easily
6. It takes even longer to walk from my house to the tube, lugging a suitcase over streets that are uneven and part cobblestone
7. You tend to move slower when its freezing cold (add 5 minutes)
8. If you're not taking a direct tube connection, you need to change lines at some point, for instance from my house to Heathrow Airport. Add another 10 minutes for that.
9. The tube station at the airport, is NOT next to the entrance of the aircraft.
10. Its also NOT next to the check in counter.
11. Or next to the terminal
12. Its at least a 10 - 20 minute walk from when you get off the tube to when you get into the airport.
13. It takes much longer than an hour to get from my house to the airport, if I want to check in on time.
14. All of the above is immaterial when flights are delayed.
2. I am unable to teleport myself into Heathrow Airport
3. It actually takes 10 mins, at least, to walk from my house to the tube
4. It takes significantly longer to walk from my house to the tube, if I've also got a big backpack and a suitcase on wheels
5. You can't wheel suitcases on cobblestones easily
6. It takes even longer to walk from my house to the tube, lugging a suitcase over streets that are uneven and part cobblestone
7. You tend to move slower when its freezing cold (add 5 minutes)
8. If you're not taking a direct tube connection, you need to change lines at some point, for instance from my house to Heathrow Airport. Add another 10 minutes for that.
9. The tube station at the airport, is NOT next to the entrance of the aircraft.
10. Its also NOT next to the check in counter.
11. Or next to the terminal
12. Its at least a 10 - 20 minute walk from when you get off the tube to when you get into the airport.
13. It takes much longer than an hour to get from my house to the airport, if I want to check in on time.
14. All of the above is immaterial when flights are delayed.

4 Comments:
Good thing Zombies run the world...
yay for flight delays. was there any good eye candy on the plane?
ha ha ha ... thank god for delayed flights!!!!
@Maarten: ha! zombies my ass, its the pace of things out here... even the planes are slow.
@Pri: There's always eye candy on planes but Murphy's Law dictates that I get stuck next to some old wheezing idiot with bad breath and/or dandruff.
@Bebo: True. I don't know why I rush for my flights anymore, they're never on time. But the adrenaline trying to get to the flight sure gets your heart racing.
Post a Comment
<< Home