Monday, September 15, 2008

Zombie

I was walking down the corridor when it suddenly struck me, that if zombies attacked at this moment, I would be done for. Fat lot of good it would do me to run, the damn place is a circle, I'd turn around and sprint, only to run into them all over again.

Its really Boris' fault. He brought up "I am Legend" at lunch and how much he hated it. I had to relive that whole afternoon in the dark theater, jumping in my seat everytime the damn monsters hit the screen, until the chap sitting behind me put a reassuring hand on my shoulder whispering "Calm down, its only a movie".

B looked at me disdainfully as I related this, then asked me later if I was as affected by"The Ring"?".

"Pah!" I replied "The odds of a creepy girl crawling out of my TV screen are pretty low. The supernormal shite, I can't believe in."

But zombies... now thats more likely to happen than not.

Its like when I read about Ralph Greenspan and his aggressive flies. This guy has been breeding flies and found some mutants that have increased aggressive behavior. That tells you aggression is a genetic trait. Its wired inside each one of us.

And aren't zombies really aggressive bullies that want to fuck with you without a reason. And want to eat you at the end of it?

"But they move so slowly", says Dom.

"Uh-huh", I have to correct him, "the new generation of zombies are faster, they run and they're mean and they have social organization. See "28 weeks later" for details. Quite a change from the "Night of the Living Dead".

Dom shakes his head at my explanation. I tell him the zombies are evolving. A clear sign that its a biological phenomenon. For the second time in my life, I hear the words "Its only a movie".

"To you", I think, "good luck when they come for you. With your smoking habit, your lungs won't let you run too far."

They're not buying it. I can tell. And then later, I'm in Leicester square again. And I see the signs.


Oh, I've got an escape plan. I don't know about you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

funny i watched sahwn of the dead about a week ago... http://zomblog.zombies.fr/

September 20, 2008 12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home