Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work

So right now it's 8 something in the morning and it is freezing cold. I have to get to work and my metabolism is down to 10%. On top of that, I walked into the bathroom and for the nth time, I had to shake my head as I encountered this.


What exactly is the point of having two separate faucets for hot and cold water? If I turn on the one to the left, I get third degree burns. If I turn on the one to the right, its frostbite in less than ten seconds. You know how you think its 2008 and Kohler and the rest have been around now for a while, and then you're like, why me?



Anyway, this is the window in my bathroom. Not a window window, if you know what I mean, but some sort of schmancy stained glass thing. Artsy, innit?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Having spent some time in my grandma's house in Holland, I can tell you that you will need to fill the bowl and use the sink as more than just a drain. It's very eco-friendly! No more running water endlessly.

Welcome to the future...

Oh - and you will need to buy a washcloth.

September 18, 2008 11:42 am  
Blogger Pri said...

that's what you get for living in a church.

September 18, 2008 5:02 pm  
Blogger Natasha Mhatre said...

This is also have they have baths in their damn tubs. Wash and sit in your own suds (and other scatological things I know you are thinking of!) I was so happy to find a shower! (Won't help with the sink situation though.)

September 19, 2008 11:55 am  
Blogger khal said...

@maarten: whats a washcloth? and what are you supposed to do with it?

@pri: but its not a catholic church. so you're not supposed to torture yourself and deny the good things in life.

@nats: i had that as a visitor, luckily i have a shower now, and it has the two knobs, one opening thing ....however... however.... however, the hot water is epistatic to the cold, i.e. even if you have the hot water on full, turn the cold one even a little bit on and my balls are climbing back into my abdomen. There's a very fine micrometer where you get "reasonably warm" water.

I hate the plumbing in this house.

September 19, 2008 12:26 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Khalid, I see you're already reverting to England's middle age attitudes toward bathing. Once a year is plenty, smelly cat!

September 20, 2008 9:07 am  
Blogger Pri said...

i meant the crazy windows fool.

September 23, 2008 4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home