Monday, December 22, 2008

How working out made me go aww...

I spent a good part of the afternoon today in the gym. Because I'm taking off for the holiday in two days which means I can't really set up any experiments this week.

So there I was, rocking to "Infinity 2008" on the treadmill and I woke up to the fact that its my first Christmas in the UK. So I was there making my mental checklists of people I should send Christmas cards to, but oh heck, we'll start that next year. Then I made a list of experiments I should probably get done before my next lab meeting, but oh heck, we'll do that next month. Then I thought of Erwann's impending visit and how I should make a proper list of places we need to check out, but oh heck I'll do that next week. Then all that was left was to send a most important work e-mail, but oh heck I'll do that tomorrow.

Now it started to feel like I'm always putting things off till later, and so I decided to change that. So I got off the treadmill and took out my iPhone (ahem) and tapped out my email.

But then I was feeling pretty good about myself, so I decided I was going to take a dip in the pool and swam 300 meters.

What do you mean only? Thats like 10 laps, OK? Seriously. I'm not Aquaman, that takes effort. So I was using a float. So what? Read above. Not Aquaman. I was working those arms.

But then it suddenly got very crowded in the pool and it filled up with little kids. Now I don't mind kids, but kids in a pool are annoying. They have no respect for lanes, they flail about and worst of all, they think the pool is one big urinal. So after trying to swim across some tots and having them smack my face when I was trying to gulp in air, I gave up. Well at least I got 30 mins, thats something.

Then I biked home to complete the triathlon. Yes fools, I did a triathlon today.

All that effort has, however, left me exhausted and I am therefore crashed on the couch in the living room watching "Love Actually~ on telly, catching up with Ames on my trivial pursuits of the day, getting her sage wisdom. And throwing out the occasional Aww every now and then. My one big complaint about this movie is that Laura Linney doesn't have a happy ending, otherwise it gets 9 out of 10 awws.

Merry Christmas everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Confirmed, you do have manorexia.

December 23, 2008 6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home