In other news
I threatened to pick a fight with this dude at the lab who works out more than any normal scientist should. I swear he's got biceps the size of bazookas. I've been pipetting six years now (ok eight) and all I have are callouses and carpal tunnel.
In response to my challenge, he condescendingly patted me on the shoulder as if to say "Yeah, sure". I like to think that he chickened out. Its okay, he has a reputation to protect.
Sometimes I'll get suicidal like that. Just for the thrill of it.
But I think I could hurt him. It would be like David and Goliath. (I'm David).
Or else, (like I was telling Marlies), I can run . Very fast. I think.
In response to my challenge, he condescendingly patted me on the shoulder as if to say "Yeah, sure". I like to think that he chickened out. Its okay, he has a reputation to protect.
Sometimes I'll get suicidal like that. Just for the thrill of it.
But I think I could hurt him. It would be like David and Goliath. (I'm David).
Or else, (like I was telling Marlies), I can run . Very fast. I think.

3 Comments:
Obviously he has been growing biceps because deep down he is insecure and vulnerable.
He takes one look at you and see a potential madman (no offense), a madman who will with high probability nibble on his testicles and gauge out his eyeballs with a pipet (his own - these things are hard to clean), and he backs down by putting up a screen of indifference.
I am sure that if you had followed him, his next move would have been to retreat to a toilet cubicle to tidy up his underwear for so far that would have been possible.
Good move though. You have established a hierarchy now. It's essential for the efficient operation of a lab that everybody knows his or her place.
Ha ha. If he reads this, I am surely doomed.
Its a good thing that germline is stored in liquid nitrogen. I have not been able to transfer it to an incubator yet.
If you know what I mean.
Did you store the haploid ones or the pre-meiotic ones?
If you have some spermatogonial stem cells, you should inject it into the testicles of the best philanderer you know. That way you don't even need to look for incubators. Parasitic stem cell rules!
Post a Comment
<< Home