Friday, February 08, 2008

Home, home again.....

....... I like to be here when I can.

- Pink Floyd, "Dark Side of the Moon".


Happiness is a warm couch, a blog, a bag of Cheetos and of course, some good old desi cola.

Or as we all knew it, "Thums Up"


That's what us brownies used to drink before we were invaded by Coca Cola. Thank God for New York, where you can get everything, from anywhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Daily East Korea said...

You read your own blog???

February 08, 2008 9:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you southeast Asians (note PC term!!!) didn't drink Coca Cola because it was tainted. Part of the great western conspiracy against all unlike them.

February 08, 2008 11:26 am  
Blogger khal said...

@spurious: Of course, I read my own blog. I find myself fascinating. (Yes, I am a narcissist). Sometimes, I touch myself as I read my posts.

@maarten: I think the whole anti-Coke thing was part of some big nationalist movement in the past. I do believe, you know, in the great western conspiracy.

sadly with the MNCs and globalization, we are reaching some state of social entropy that I find unsettling.

February 08, 2008 2:06 pm  
Blogger khal said...

And oh, guess who bought "Thums Up" and owns/distributes it now? Yep, the Coca Cola company.

Its the East India Company all over again.When will the Indians learn?

February 08, 2008 2:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe i thought i was the only one who bought thumbs up and limca from the indian store. sometimes it tastes like ariel detergent but i still drink it. is that wrong? other ancient dusty items i regularly buy at indian store include: lux soap, sunsilk black shampoo, good day biskoot

February 08, 2008 4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about Sat Isabgol, the ultimate Indian product. Back in my day we used to take a swig of, I think it was called Fanta(it has been three decades after all), and wait for the fizz that was akin to taking a hit of wasabi. I know, i know, memories..get out the violin or ektara.

February 08, 2008 7:04 pm  
Blogger khal said...

God, I hang out with old fogies. :)

February 08, 2008 8:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home