Thursday, March 20, 2008

Boredom + lack of interest =

= random thoughts.

I was sitting in lab meeting this week and I've crossed over to the point where all I wait for is the meeting to be over so I can go back home and read a book or just chill.

So my mind drifts away and I start noticing silly things around me.

1. Like the fact that almost all the women in our lab fit a certain "type". And by type I mean their physical measurements. They could all fit into the same wardrobe. They're all skinny, about 5 '7" - 5'9" and they all have a certain curvature. (lets stop here). Which makes me wonder if he will offer our rotation student a position or not. I mean she's really nice and she works hard but she doesn't fit the type.

2. Then there's the boss. He likes to scratch his hair and then sniff his fingers. Which is weird I know, but he does it.

3. And he likes to pluck his eyebrows. He'll start fingering his eyebrow and find one that is out of line or something and suddenly, ka-ching, he'll pluck it out.

4. Women in our lab don't really have boobs. Butts maybe, but no boobs.

5. There's this other guy who works here who is from the same country as my boss and they both seem to have similar taste in women. Skinny, high strung, no boobs. Strange.

6. Actually, wait, I take that back. They don't have butts either.

Is this post offensive? I'm only making scientific observations here.


Like the fact that after I watched "House MD" the other night, I realized that the female doctors on that show, show a lot of cleavage. And I was thinking to myself "No one shows that much cleavage at work in real life." So I've been looking to see if that's true at my workplace.

I mean, I've seen my share of cleavage around campus, but its mostly from the undergrads who don't spend a lot of time in this place, are understandably horny (its that age) and are therefore, on display for all the male undergrads who are working with them. The rest of us grad students and post docs are older and more (??) conservative.

Like I remember, Eve told me that she saw my undergrad in her underwear running down the street at midnight some (four?) years ago. Apparently they were going skinny dipping or something and I was like, thank God I missed that. You don't want to see people that you work with, naked.

Well....

........maybe some people that you work with.

And before you start wondering, its no one from my lab. That would be kind of weird.

And creepy.

And unproductive, because I would never get any work done. I'd always be thinking about it.

10 Comments:

Blogger May said...

1. There are always exceptions to the rule. I have a vivid recollection of the transparent shirt of a certain female PI when she was giving a talk.

2. I (unfortunately) saw a large area of a certain male PI's underpants the other day. You'd think when you're a PI you learn that certain underwear does not go with low rise jeans, especially when you bend over. And yes, this is the same guy who owns the couch I wish to investigate.

March 20, 2008 1:46 am  
Blogger khal said...

Oh and there's also the one who wears the fuck me boots. (refer to this post : conversation no. 11.)

I know at least two people who have glimpsed her naughty parts.

Now I'm laughing hysterically upon remembering that one.

March 20, 2008 4:35 am  
Blogger Daily East Korea said...

No cleavage here either in cold finland, but plenty of butt cracks when sitting down; the female version.

Can't help but notice that.

March 20, 2008 9:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry dude can't help you... I'm not looking at boobs anymore... living with Farida tought me that staring at girl's cleavage could be deadly...

March 20, 2008 3:34 pm  
Blogger khal said...

ha ha ha ha ha. C'est pas vrai mon ami!

Un peu de decolletage (decollete??) never hurt no one.

Aah! Farida.

March 20, 2008 3:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

well it's not looking at it that is deadly but getting caught while looking at it!!!

aaaaah Farida...

March 20, 2008 3:56 pm  
Blogger May said...

Questions:
1. What are "fuck-me-boots"?
(please provide drawing or picture)

2. is it proper for pregnant women to wear "fuck-me-boots"?

3. Do you boys find most butt cracks attractive? Our graduate student's butt crack annoys me a lot. But maybe she's "wearing" it for the guys?

4. Why are you focusing on her cleavage when there's also the rest of the body/face to look at? I think F is extremely beautiful.

March 20, 2008 10:37 pm  
Blogger May said...

OMG, you can find anything on the internet!


Definition of fuck me boots:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck+me+boots

March 20, 2008 11:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

look more like "screw my ankles bots" to me...
god, it's snowing like mad here... isn't it spring already?

March 21, 2008 8:40 am  
Blogger khal said...

I think butt cracks are more funny than attractive.

Only because the most buttcrack I ever saw (and therefore as way of association) was from my Scottish housemate (PG) and he would always let out a big fart quite generously in accompaniment. (sp?)

We have a student who shows a lot of buttcrack right now, but its not sexy mostly because she's a little hairy.

As you might agree, hairy buttcracks are a no-no.

March 21, 2008 3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home