Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I blame Juno

For those of you who heard me singing last night, allow me to explain.

Well so I finally watched Juno.

And there is this scene where Mark is telling Juno about the Sonic Youth and they listen to a bit of the cover of the Carpenters "Superstar".

And then I was on the phone with CC and I was telling her about the movie. (Well actually I had then moved on to the Cranberries cover of "Close to You" which is where it started.)

And then I told her about Superstar, and she asked me which song was that because she couldn't recall it.

THAT's when I started singing. But then I got a little carried away, I guess. Because then we were singing other stuff. And then I hung up. And then I was singing some more. Well not really singing so much, as making weird noises. When I pretend that I'm a guitar. Or other stringed musical instruments. That is the noise you probably heard.

I don't sing too bad though. Right? I mean, I can carry a tune. Right? I mean, you'd pay to hear me sing. Right?

Yes, both voices were me. The guy voice AND the girl voice. Its hard to sing a duet if you're the only person in the room, you know. Yes, I know she sounded terribly high pitched. No, I was not in pain. Yes, I know it doesn't really sound like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daily East Korea said...

If your science career doesn't work out you can always go into show business.

March 18, 2008 8:16 am  
Blogger May said...

We need to go kareoke again. I want to hear your girl voice.

March 18, 2008 4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home