Monday, March 10, 2008

Moving on - part uno.

As part of my rehabilitation into normal society and imminent departure to the next step, I decided to make a "to do" list, (which is quite unlike Pri's to do list - ahem - speaking of which, is not a bad idea either, but I'll probably get to work on that once I'm across the pond.)

1. Get in touch with all friends. Inform them of departure.

2. Visit anyone from (1) that lives within 50 miles. In all likelihood, next time I see them, they'll have babies and won't be able to have conversations. For all those who already have babies, they'll probably have another one.

3. Start running outdoors. Beautiful weather today, hope its not a flash in the pan. I hate the treadmill and the TV set.

4. Start organizing stuff I own. Give away. Sell. Dump. Photograph various things to put up on Craigslist.

5. Apply for Canadian visa. Go to Montreal, visit Jannic, Helen and the Bonn House gang. Fuckers, I can't believe they all got jobs in the same effing city.

6. Visit the Metropolitan Museum new Greek and Roman exhibit. Go to MoMA. The Statue of Liberty. The Empire State Building. The Staten Island Ferry. Hmm... Do I really want to do this? Probably, I've lived here for seven years, how is it possible that I didn't go to any of these places even once. (Well OK, I've been to the MoMA.)

7. Go hiking with CC. Grand Canyon. Brice Canyon. Whatever works.

8. Start planning farewell party.

Hmm... any more suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger May said...

When are you leaving? Come see the baby or I'll have to get joe to be his godfather, who is and will become more and more decrepit and less and less likely to protect my child.

March 10, 2008 6:22 pm  
Blogger khal said...

When am I leaving - currently undecided.

I'm coming to Boston to see you and bump very soon. I'm going to actually try and drag Boywin as well, since he keeps saying he wants to see you.

(Boywin = Ben. Get it? get it? hee hee)

March 11, 2008 11:59 am  
Blogger May said...

Boywin is a good name for him. :)

March 11, 2008 7:09 pm  
Blogger May said...

If you come after 4/6 and before end of April, we will have lots of space to put you guys up.

March 11, 2008 10:43 pm  
Blogger khal said...

Ok, Boywin and I are going to drive up. Possibly Xavi as well. Prepare for the three musketeers.

March 15, 2008 9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home