Friday, March 28, 2008

Dentists and Candy

I had my last dental checkup today. I heart my dentist, Dr. Holly Burns who was recommended to me by May, after I split my tooth in half on Chinese Chicken Wings. (Ok, ok, that was the wrong thing to order I know).

The last dentist that I had was this guy who had a major hard-on for my sister (she worked for him), but we won't go into that because they are now both married to other people. (Ahem.) Plus that was a decade ago.


Back to Dr. Burns, that group is as cheerful as it can get. Dr. B hires only women to work there. And they're always smiling. And they're always cheery. (For example, see above).I've never seen them frown or bicker. (Ok, so I've been there only five times). At first it was scary, then it became this thing that you're just looking forward to the next visit. Its weird, I know. My eye doctors / other doctors offices are so drab and sterile in comparison that I've changed those several times. I hate doctors that treat you like objects. Walk in, lift your arms, open your mouth, look up, cough, next. You know what I mean.

The nice part is that I get a bag of goodies at the end of each visit. Granted, its only mouthwash and floss and coupons and fliers. But a bag of goodies is a bag of goodies.

I wonder what the tooth care plans are out there. Based on the stereotypes of British people's teeth, I 'm a little scared.

2 Comments:

Blogger May said...

The Burns office really is a bit too Stamford Wives. I used to think it's just me being depressed. Now that I look back I think they are probably all robots.

March 29, 2008 3:49 am  
Blogger khal said...

Yes, but they're very very cheerful robots.

No wonder all other offices look dull to me.

March 29, 2008 5:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home