Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Now blogging under coercio...sorry... upon request.

(grumble grumble kay FINE i hear you.)

so its 3 a.m. here and I should be asleep.

Because staying up late invariably means that I'll wake up late tomorrow.

And I've killed the whole weekend already.

Well not quite. I did go out to the city Friday night.

So what if we thought it was going to be salsa night. And it turned out to be Haitian music night.

That ........was also nice.

Although we danced a lot more when the band stopped playing and they switched to more WBAB kind of music.

Even though it felt like i was about to drop dead just five minutes before that.

So that makes me less classy, eh? Cause I didn't appreciate the creole rhythms? Oh eff off already.

But at least the dinner at Pio Pio was really good.

I learned some Japanese but I've already forgotten it. Except for "Baka" and "Baka yaro".

Which I'm told should never be uttered in polite company.

But I did confirm with Don Lucio that my Argentinian is correct. Whatever little I speak. Which is mostly "Que buen orto" and "La rrrrreputa que te parrio".

Which I'm told should never be uttered in polite company.

Like I'm sure that knowing the lyrics to "La Bamba" is going to get me laid someday. Watch this space.

But then getting home at 5 a.m. has its consequences.

Like waking up at half past noon the next day.

That ends up screwing up the rest of the day.

But at least I managed to get in a workout. I'm proud of myself. Dani calls me a soccer mom with no job and all the time in the world. I disagree. I still have a day job. Its just that I choose not to do it.

5.5 miles is pretty good for an outdoors, hilly terrain. Ok, I ran 2.1 but walked the rest.

Only because I ran into Boywin and he's got the flu or something and he can't run. So we walked.

Which is probably a sign that he's becoming old. But then he listens to the Dead Kennedys. No wait, thats another sign.

Anyway, it was probably good to walk because my ankle already hurts and I could have ended up screwing it up completely.

But then I came back and crashed into bed immediately.

Only to wake up in extreme hunger and excruciating stiffness in the extremities.

No, you pervert, not that stiffness. That was later.

And then I should have gone to the Bacchanalia. Except that my ankle still hurt and I was feeling a little anti-social today. Plus I want to go to the Barbeque tomorrow.

So I rented and watched two bad movies. And wish I hadn't.

Avoid "Mr. Brooks" and "The Brothers Solomon".

And now I shall return to my Douglas Coupland novel.

Because the other book on 9/11 is too depressing.

And Billy Collins is funner when someone is reading it out loud.

I guess this weekend wasn't a complete waste.

Partied. Check.

Relaxed. Check.

Exercised. Check.

Experiments. Hmm... zero.

But at least I found out how Akt got its name.

Happy Easter.

Now can I go to bed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home