Labcest
I learned a new word from LH the other day. Apparently in a place like this where you mostly work and hang out with the same set of people, day in and day out, you invariably end up committing what she calls "Labcest". That's sort of like incest but in the lab.
So there are four levels of labcest:
Level 1: Where you date someone who works in the same research group.
Level 2: Where you date someone who is not in your research group but definitely in the same building.
Level 3: Where you date someone who is not in your research group and works in a different building.
Level 4: Where you date someone who is a relative or friend of someone at the lab.
So what levels of labcest are you guilty of?
Also, totally unrelated. Go watch "Run Fatboy Run". Ok, so its formulaic and predictable. So what? Me, Eve and Joe could not stop laughing from the beginning to the end. It was that good. We missed you, May.


9 Comments:
*sob*
I met my wife in a bar near closing time. She couldn't care less about science.
I gave her a copy of my thesis and she didn't get passed the title. Definitely no labcest.
That said, I did commit several acts of labcest in the past. I met a researcher lady on the airplane once to a conference to the US. She was going to a different one btw. We later met up again and had a stormy few months. Including a first date to the Maledives. Or maybe that was the second date. The first date she came to our lab to try out the radioactive in situ hybridization.
I had a crush on a female PhD student in our lab. Didn't work out. She picked a 40 year old graphics guy working in the building. Definitely labcest, but not committed by me.
And I had a passionate relationship with the young lady technician from Uruguay for a few months. That was kind of cool because I was living nearby then and we could have, cough, lunchbreaks at my place. She went back to Uruguay to marry her childhood sweetheart.
Oh yeah, at the time I was living with another PhD student lady from our lab. But there was no sex involved. She just couldn't find a roommate because she had trained attack dogs and the dogs dominated the place. As in it was a big mess.
I didn't mind because it was cheap and near work.
So several acts I would say. Lock me up.
Level one alert!
Hmm... the non scientist that couldn't care about thesis ends up marrying you.
In contrast all your "scientific" labcestees ended up elsewhere.
Is there a moral/lesson in this?
*sob* No one ever wanted to labcest with me. :(
I wonder if depressing bob would have taken my offer if I offered......
Guess not.
*sob*
Umm... I know at least one person who wanted to labcest with you. A level 2 if you will.
Also, I thought you and Susan were a couple. ;)
1. If a certain person just wants to labcest, with whoever is available, it does not count as wanting to labcest with me.
2. I thought you and Susan were a couple. :P
I also arranged labcest between two friends working in the same building. But it was just hot passionate sex. Not a real relationship. So I am not sure it counts.
@May: You have such high standards.
@Spu: Oh that counts. That so counts.
I am more curious about how Spurious knows the quality of the sex.
Did you watch?
Post a Comment
<< Home