More late night singing
I'm heading back from the lab, its close to midnight and Linda Ronstadt is on the radio singing "Desperado", which is, actually, one of my favorite songs.
So I'm singing along as you may have expected. Before the song is over though, I'm at home. So I turn off the engine and am listening to the rest of the song. You know how it is, when a song gets you like that, and you've got to hear it to the end.
Especially if you're also singing along. Because, kind of, you're not done either. You know?
Anyway, so we're at the end where she hits this really long high note.
Well, to be precise, we're at the end, where both of us simulateneously hit this really long high note. And then we're done. I turn the key. Get out of the car. Grab my backpack.
And turn to see my neighbor staring at me. She's been standing there for the last 2 minutes or so. Walking her dog. Well, actually they weren't walking. Just standing there. She's got this look on her face. It's not a kind or friendly look. More scared, I think. I smiled and waved at her. She didn't wave back. Sort of just stood there.
She needs to lighten up methinks. I don't sound that bad. Shit, I don't sound bad at all.
So I'm singing along as you may have expected. Before the song is over though, I'm at home. So I turn off the engine and am listening to the rest of the song. You know how it is, when a song gets you like that, and you've got to hear it to the end.
Especially if you're also singing along. Because, kind of, you're not done either. You know?
Anyway, so we're at the end where she hits this really long high note.
"You'd better let somebaaaaaady loooooooooooooooove yooooooooooooooooooo".
Well, to be precise, we're at the end, where both of us simulateneously hit this really long high note. And then we're done. I turn the key. Get out of the car. Grab my backpack.
And turn to see my neighbor staring at me. She's been standing there for the last 2 minutes or so. Walking her dog. Well, actually they weren't walking. Just standing there. She's got this look on her face. It's not a kind or friendly look. More scared, I think. I smiled and waved at her. She didn't wave back. Sort of just stood there.
She needs to lighten up methinks. I don't sound that bad. Shit, I don't sound bad at all.

4 Comments:
Why worry? You'll be skipping off across the pond in no time. The waether's getting nicer, so next time leave the window down.
i love ur choice in music! could u do an all-time-fav-music type of post?
eh? All time favorite music??... too much work. Stay tuned and you'll probably hear me sing them all. One by one.
lolz ok :)
Post a Comment
<< Home